Revised: 03-25-14, 2:00 P.M.
TO BE HELD MARCH 27, 2014 AT 6:00 P.M.
IN THE CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
CALL TO ORDER.
Pastor Robert “Bob” Somerville
Community Pastor and Director of Awareness Ministries
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
a. Regular Meeting held March 13, 2014.
4. RESOLUTIONS AND SPECIAL RECOGNITIONS.
1. Recognition of All-State Basketball honorees.
2. Recognition of 8U Metro League ARPA State Championship Team.
3. Proclamation recognizing the Retired Senior Volunteer Program National Day of Service.
4. Presentation of Employee Incentive Awards.
1. Adoption and Presentation.
2. Adoption Only.
c. Other Special Recognitions.
5. BUSINESS WITH OUTSIDE LEGAL REPRESENTATION.
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS.
a. Public hearings to be held.
1. Public hearing on a Resolution authorizing the City Clerk-Treasurer to assess the cost of the cleanup and removal of debris against certain properties. (Community Development)
2. Public hearing on a Resolution authorizing the City Clerk-Treasurer to assess the cost of the boarding and securing against certain properties. (Community Development)
3. Public hearing on a Resolution authorizing the City Clerk-Treasurer to assess the cost of demolishing the property located at 3905 Gunnison Land, NW – Accessory Structure Only. (Community Development)
b. Public hearings to be set.
1. Resolution to declare a public nuisance located at 1512 McCrary Street, NW, Huntsville, Alabama, and to set a public hearing for objections to be heard. (Set April 10, 2014 Regular Council Meeting) (Community Development)
7. COMMUNICATIONS AND REPORTS.
a. Communications from the Public.
1. Presentation by the Green Building Council.
8. HUNTSVILLE UTILITIES ITEMS.
9. BOARD APPOINTMENTS.
a. Board Appointments to be Voted on.
b. Board Appointment Nominations
1. Nomination of Alan Bibb for reappointment to the Madison County Communications District Board (Enhanced 911 Board) for a term to expire April 30, 2017. (Kling)
10. APPROVAL OF EXPENDITURES.
a. Resolution authorizing expenditures for payment. (Finance Committee)
b. Finance Committee Report.
11. COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE MAYOR.
12. COMMUNICATIONS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS.
Councilman Will Culver
Councilman Bill Kling
Councilman Richard Showers, Sr.
Councilman John Olshefski
Councilman Mark Russell
13. UNFINISHED BUSINESS ITEMS FOR ACTION.
14. NEW BUSINESS ITEMS FOR INTRODUCTION.
a. Introduction of an ordinance concerning the annexation of land on the east side of U.S. Highway 431 South and on the north side of Caldwell Lane. (Planning)
15. NEW BUSINESS ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION OR ACTION
a. Resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute Change Order No. 2 (Final) to the agreement between the City of Huntsville and McDonald Brothers Construction, Inc. for Cove Park Soccer Fields located 864 Old Highway 431. (Facilities Projects
b. Resolution authorizing the Mayor to enter into an agreement between the City of Huntsville and Tolar Construction LLC for construction services of the New Fire Station #19 located at 2455 Old Big Cove Road. (Facilities Projects Management)
c. Ordinance declaring certain IT equipment as obsolete and allowing it to be salvaged and sold by MARS, LLC. (ITS)
d. Resolution authorizing the acceptance of donations. (Finance)
e. Ordinance to amend Budget Ordinance No. 13-630 by changing appropriated funding for various departments and funds. (Finance)
f. Resolution authorizing the Mayor to enter into an agreement with the low bidder meeting specifications as outlined in the attached Summary of Bids for Acceptance. (Finance)
Resolution authorizing the Mayor to enter into a Real
Estate Sales Contract and Development Agreement between the City of Huntsville
and Franklin Land Associates, LLC for the Development of the John Hunt Park
Commercial Area and Guarantee of Debt by GBT Realty Corporation. (Administration) DELETED
h. Resolution authorizing the Mayor to enter into a Lease Agreement between the City of Huntsville and The Alabama Constitution Village Foundation. (Administration)
i. Resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute a Special Employee Agreement between the City of the Huntsville and James M. Bush. (Planning)
Resolution authorizing a contract between
the City of Huntsville and Manpower for seasonal employee staffing purposes. (Landscape Management) DELETED
16. LEGAL DEPARTMENT ITEMS/TRANSACTIONS.
a. Vacation of Easements
1. Ordinance authorizing the vacation of a 5-foot Utility and Drainage Easement, Lots 12 and 13, Buck Island Commercial Park, Plat Book 42, Page 63. (Island Circle: Buck Island Investment Group, LLC)
b. Vacation of rights-of-way
c. Deeds for acceptance
d. Routine bond satisfactions
e. Liquor bond mortgages.
17. NON-ROSTER COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE PUBLIC.