Revised: 01-06-15, 2:00 P.M.
TO BE HELD JANUARY 8, 2015 AT 6:00 P.M.
IN THE CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
CALL TO ORDER.
Reverend Lynn Bullard
St. Stephen's Episcopal Church
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
a. Regular Meeting held December 18, 2014.
4. RESOLUTIONS AND SPECIAL RECOGNITIONS.
1. Presentation of the Star 99/CAFY Young Citizen of the Month.
1. Adoption and Presentation.
2. Adoption Only.
a. Resolution recognizing Cynthia M.A. Butler-McIntyre as the 24th National President of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., and guest speaker for the 30th Anniversary of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Unity Breakfast, sponsored by the Delta Theta Lambda Education Foundation, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated. (Showers)
b. Resolution recognizing Brother Mark Stewart Tillman as the 34th elected General President of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated during the 30th Anniversary of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Unity Breakfast, sponsored by the Delta Theta Lambda Education Foundation, Alpha Phil Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated. (Showers)
c. Other Special Recognitions.
1. Presentations to the Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) High School students; sponsored by the United States Department of State, Mr. Jim Powers, Local Coordinator Team Leader. (Russell)
5. BUSINESS WITH OUTSIDE LEGAL REPRESENTATION.
6. PUBLIC HEARINGS.
a. Public hearings to be held.
b. Public hearings to be set.
1. Resolution to declare public nuisance located at 2704 Sparkman Drive, NW, Huntsville, Alabama, and to set the date when objections will be heard. (Set January 22, 2015, Regular Council Meeting) (Community Development)
7. COMMUNICATIONS AND REPORTS.
a. Communications from the Public.
8. HUNTSVILLE UTILITIES ITEMS.
a. Resolution authorizing the approval to purchase IBM hardware and software service support. (PR 10172119) (Utilities: Electric)
d. Introduction of an Ordinance on water backflow prevention and cross connections. (Utilities: Water)
9. BOARD APPOINTMENTS.
a. Board Appointments to be Voted on.
1. Resolution to reappoint H. Harold Stephens to the Special Care Facilities Financing Authority of the City of Huntsville-Redstone Village, for a term to expire November 11, 2019. (Nominated December 18, 2014, Regular Council Meeting) (Russell)
2. Resolution to appoint Jeff Johnson to the Land Trust of North Alabama Board of Directors, for a term to expire December 31, 2016. (Nominated December 18, 2014, Regular Council Meeting) (Russell)
b. Board Appointment Nominations
10. APPROVAL OF EXPENDITURES.
a. Resolution authorizing expenditures for payment. (Finance Committee)
b. Finance Committee Report.
11. COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE MAYOR.
12. COMMUNICATIONS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS.
Councilman Will Culver
Councilman Bill Kling
Councilman Richard Showers, Sr.
Councilwoman Jennie Robinson
Councilman Mark Russell
13. UNFINISHED BUSINESS ITEMS FOR ACTION.
a. Ordinance No. 14-969, annexing of land lying north of Zierdt Road and on the east and west sides of Arnett Road. (Introduced December 18, 2014, Regular Council Meeting) (Planning)
b. Ordinance No. 14-970 amending Chapter 3, Article II, Subsection (c), of Section 3-27, Arts and Entertainment District Ordinance, of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Huntsville, Alabama, to establish the Quigley District and Entertainment District II, Meridian District. (Introduced December 18, 2014, Regular Council Meeting) (Planning)
c. Ordinance No. 14-971 amending Section 2 of Ordinance No. 11-259, regarding the Beautification Board. (Introduced December 18, 2014, Regular Council Meeting) (Landscape)
14. NEW BUSINESS ITEMS FOR INTRODUCTION.
15. NEW BUSINESS ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION OR ACTION.
a. Ordinance declaring certain equipment surplus and donating it to the Huntsville Area Crimestoppers. (Fleet)
b. Resolution authorizing the Mayor to enter into a Reimbursable Agreement between the City of Huntsville and the Alabama Department of Transportation for Relocation of Utility Facilities on Private or Public Right-of-Way Work for Memorial Parkway (SR-53) North of Whitesburg Drive (CR-77) to South of Golf Road, Project Nos. NHF-0053(531) & 65-09-SS08. (Engineering)
d. Resolution authorizing the City Attorney to settle the lawsuit of Denyse Forton v. City of Huntsville. (City Attorney)
e. Resolution authorizing the Clerk-Treasurer to invoke Progress Bank Letter of Credit No. 9000049300 for Legacy Preserve Subdivision. (City Attorney)
f. Resolution authorizing the Mayor to enter into agreements with the low bidders meeting specifications as outlined in the attached Summary of Bids for Acceptance. (Finance)
g. Ordinance amending Budget Ordinance No. 14-665 by changing appropriated funding for various departments and funds. (Finance)
h. Resolution authorizing the Mayor to enter into an agreement between the City of Huntsville and Croy Engineering, LLC, for Engineering Services for the John Hunt Park Master Plan-Section 1A, located on Airport Road. (General Services)
i. Resolution authorizing the Mayor to enter into an agreement between the City of Huntsville and S&N Electric Inc., for the installation of one natural gas generator, located at 4209 East Schrimsher Lane. (General Services)
j. Resolution authorizing the Mayor to enter into an agreement between the City of Huntsville and Nola │ Van Peursem Architects, PC, for Architectural Services for the New Aquatic Center Addition, located at 2213 Drake Avenue, Huntsville, Alabama 35805. (General Services)
k. Resolution authorizing the Mayor to apply for and execute an FY 2015 EPA Air Grant in an amount up to $100,000 in federal funding to support the City’s Air Pollution Control Program. (Natural Resources)
16. LEGAL DEPARTMENT ITEMS/TRANSACTIONS.
a. Vacation of Easements
b. Vacation of rights-of-way
1.a. Resolution consenting to the vacation of a right-a-way along Lot 2, Calhoun Community College Place, Wynn Drive.
1.b. Ordinance authorizing the vacation of a right-a-way along Lot 2, Calhoun Community College Place, Wynn Drive. (Calhoun)
c. Deeds for acceptance
d. Routine bond satisfactions
e. Liquor bond mortgages.
17. NON-ROSTER COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE PUBLIC.