The goal of the Clerk-Treasurer Department is to efficiently hold City Elections, provide assistance in obtaining Business Licenses, Search for Licensed Business, perform record keeping functions related to City Council meetings, maintain copies of Municipal Resolutions and Ordinances passed by the Huntsville City Council, and provide services to the citizens of Huntsville, elected officials, and other City Departments in a professional and timely manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES & FUNCTIONS
- Process, collect and enforce Annual Privilege Licenses Ordinances which includes regular business licenses, beverage licenses, taxi cab licenses, bingo license (does not include contractor licenses processed by the Inspection Department)
- We also perform record keeping functions related to the City Council meetings, which includes maintaining minutes, resolutions, ordinances, contracts, deeds adopted and approved by the City Council
- Hold and conduct municipal election
- Receive and deposit revenue collected by city departments
- Maintain City General Fixed Assets Records
- The print shop does most of the printing for all city departments and other city agencies
- Deliver and process mail to all city departments and other city agencies
RESOLUTIONS & ORDINANCES
The Clerk Treasurer’s Office will be happy to provide copies of Resolutions and Ordinances passed by the Huntsville City Council for a fee of 25 cents per page. Please contact Angel Brown, (256) 427-5039 for more information.