Huntsville Housing Expo
The 2020 City of Huntsville Housing Expo is transitioning to online virtual programming due to the current public-health pandemic. The 2020 Housing Expo will be conducted online on November 14, from 10 a.m. until 3:45 p.m. Hear from local and national subject matter experts on the topic of homeownership. Live sessions will give participants an opportunity to interact with panelists. These live sessions will be complemented by pre-recorded panels available for the first time on November 14.
There are three components to the Huntsville Housing Expo:
1) Virtual Exhibit Hall – where dozens of exhibitors, featuring government assistance programs, home-buying opportunities, financial and credits counselors will provide information on how their products, program and services can assist you in the goal of responsible homeownership.
2) Free Online Workshops – you’ll find a variety of helpful topics on:
- Homeownership Assistance Programs
- Workforce Housing
- Financial Literacy and Credit Counseling
- HUD Choice Neighborhood Grant
- Estate Planning and Homeownership
- Senior Friendly Housing and Housing Alternatives
3) Local Resource Center – where you will be able to access information on a variety of resources within the City of Huntsville
Packed with information for current and future residents, and small businesses, the City of Huntsville’s Housing Expo offers workshops and exhibitors—including government agencies, nonprofit community organizations, lenders and realtors, that will provide invaluable information and guidance for:
- Homeowners: Remodeling and repair information/demonstrations
- Homebuyers: Purchasing assistance resources
- Tenants: Knowing your rights
- Seniors: Aging in place and estate planning
- Housing Counseling: Financial literacy training and credit counseling
This is your opportunity to learn firsthand from industry leaders who are ready to educate and assist you with your housing needs. The Expo will also have prizes and giveaways. In short, the Expo is a ONE STOP SHOP for all the resources you are looking for related to housing and community development.
At the City of Huntsville Housing Expo, you have a front-row seat to a full lineup of dynamic leaders, keynote speakers and other housing/real estate professionals. The Housing Expo is targeted to an industry and people involved or interested in all aspects of the housing market. Exhibiting at the 2020 Housing Expo can be a great way to advertise to a target market and create brand awareness. Vendors will be open to a large and diverse range of audiences (general public). The Expo provides Vendors with a platform to promote their product or service to a broader group that may have little or no knowledge of their products and services. Being involved in the 2020 Housing Expo can provide opportunities to partner with other business and create a customer base from the participants visiting your display booth.
About the Huntsville Housing Expo
The Housing Expo is a reoccurring event geared toward first-time homebuyers, working families, existing homeowners, renters, realtors, housing counselors, non-profits, planners, policymakers, housing advocates and developers. The Housing Expo is hosted by the City of Huntsville’s Community Development Department whose mission is to stabilize neighborhoods through housing development and rehabilitation programs, enhancing economic development activities and increasing public awareness and public services.