About the Program
The Blue Star Crime Free Multi-Housing Program is designed to help residents, owners and the managers of rental properties keep drugs and other illegal activity off of their property. A solution oriented program, the Blue Star Program is designed to be easy and effective in reducing the incidents of crime in rental properties.
The program utilizes a unique, three part approach to help prevent crimes while being resident and property owner friendly.
- A stable, more satisfied resident base
- Increased demand for rental units with a reputation for active and responsive management
- Lower maintenance and repair costs
- Increased property values
- Improved personal safety for residents, landlords and managers
- Use of the crime free logo in advertising and marketing materials
CREATING A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE, WORK & PLAY
The cost of drug and other illegal activity to rental property owners is high, and the Blue Star Crime Free Multi-Housing Program aims to help rental property owners and residents create a safer place to live, work and play through Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design or CPTED. This process includes encouraging natural surveillance, access control, territoriality, maintenance and activity support.
Examples of the negative impact illicit activity can have on rental communities:
- Decline in property values—particularly when the activity begins affecting the reputation of the neighborhood
- Property damage arising from abuse, retaliation, neglect and police raids
- Fire resulting from manufacturing or growing operations
- Civil penalties, including temporary closure of the property—or even property seizure
- Loss of rent during the eviction and repair periods
- Fear and frustration when dealing with dangerous and threatening residents
- Increased resentment and anger between neighbors and property managers
- The loss of other valued residents
IF YOUR ANSWER IS YES, BLUE STAR IS FOR YOU
- An apartment owner/manager or maintenance staff?
- Concerned about criminal activity, nuisance or destructive behavior by some of your tenants?
- Losing money due to property damage or neglect by problem tenants?
- Having trouble knowing what to do with problem tenants and/or guests?
- Wanting to spend less time on crisis control?
- Wanting a more stable and satisfied long term resident base?
- Wanting a community environment that provides safety and peace of mind for you and your tenants?
Let the Blue Star Program help. Contact us today to begin the certification process and reduce or prevent crime in your area.
SPEAK WITH A PROGRAM REPRESENTATIVE
Fill out this online interest form and a program representative will be in touch.