Donate to Help Save Pets
Huntsville Animal Services can accept all types of donations. Donations are used for the shelter pets, foster pets, and animals in our community in need! Financial donations go into either a Humane Education or a Care for Shelter Pets fund.
All donations, items or money, are tax-deductible, but please consult your tax expert or accountant. Our tax Identification number is 63-600-1296.
DONATION ITEMS NEEDED
- Pet crates
- Purina or Pedigree puppy, dog, kitten and cat food for our foster program
- Towels, washcloths, blankets, and pet beds
- Collars (cat & dog, big and small)
- Shampoo without CHEMICALS
- Cat and Dog Cookies and Treats
- Laundry detergent
- Dryer sheets
OTHER WAYS TO SUPPORT
- Huntsville’s Dog Parks benefit from private donations to provide upgrades, watering stations, and pavilions.
- Animal Services maintains an Amazon wish list of potential donation items.
- You can support the Recycle for Rover (Aluminum Can Drink) program. You may donate your empty beverage cans 24/7 by driving to the south back area of our parking lot and dropping the cans over our fence. You’ll see signage posted on the fence.
- If you’re interested in organizing a community supply drive, a few suggested ideas are: newspapers, Pennies for Paws, small cat scratching posts (ideal for boy/girl scout troops to build approx. 1″ x 6″ x 18″ wrapped in carpet), and Recycle for Rover Aluminum Can Drive.