Huntsville Animal Services Foundation
Each year, Huntsville Animal Services saves thousands of homeless pets in the Huntsville area by providing temporary shelter, food and veterinary care to animals in need. The work of Huntsville Animal Services also includes preventative steps to reduce pet overpopulation through facilitation and connection to spay and neuter assistance programs.
Now, it’s easier than ever to support these efforts through the Huntsville Animal Services Foundation. Donations are used to care for shelter pets, foster pets, and animals in need. All financial donations go into the Care for Shelter Pets fund.
Interested in donating physical supplies or supporting Huntsville Animal Services through volunteer work? Details below.
The Animal Shelter is always in need of fresh supplies to care for homeless pets. Please help by donating items to the Animal Services Foundation.
or choose an item(s) from the list below and drop off at the Shelter.
Shelter Items Needed
- Nylon leashes with snaps (in four-foot lengths) *
- Cat toys
- Cat treats
- Cat scratching mats (cardboard variety)
- Scoopable cat litter
- Powdered dry cat milk
- Dog treats and Dog bones
- Large and extra-large rope toys for dogs
- Hard plastic dog toys (durable toys can be sterilized and used for many years)
- Extreme KONGS (black in color) Large/Grand sizes
- Classic KONG (red in color) Large/Grand sizes
- Rawhide Retriever Rolls and Rawhide Natural 5-6”. Fosters and Smith Item #95758 4”-5”
- Puppy pads
- Long shreds newspapers (no confetti-shredded newspaper, please)
- Used or new pet crates (plastic or wire) for foster homes (cat carriers, large portable wire dog kennels)
- Puppy and kitten food, small and medium bags under 25 pounds. Purina or Pedigree or higher quality brands appreciated!
- Shampoo, without chemicals, preferred in gallon-sized containers.
- Pill Pockets by Greenies
- Peanut butter for Kongs and for medications
- New and used towels, washcloths, blankets and flat sheets
Drop off donations of physical supplies at 4950 Triana Boulevard, Huntsville, AL 35805
MORE WAYS TO SUPPORT
Donate Time and Talent
- Volunteer, foster and more
- Support the Recycle for Rover (Aluminum Can Drink) program by donating empty beverage cans. Signage is posted for a drop spot behind the Animal Services building in south rear area of the parking lot.
- Organize a community supply drive. Suggested ideas of supplies needed include: newspapers, small cat scratching posts (ideal for boy/girl scout troops to build approx. 1″ x 6″ x 18″ wrapped in carpet).
Have an idea to help that is not listed here? E-mail us!
Your generous support of the Huntsville Animal Services Foundation allows us to do more, to save more lives, treat severely injured pets and prevent overpopulation.”