The City of Huntsville offers a convenient electronic plans review process for your construction project.
SUBMIT PLANS FOR APPROVAL
To submit sets of plans, please create an account.
Before you begin online submissions, be certain to complete all required forms and have all plans ready to upload in a PDF format.
Once an item has been submitted for review, an automatic email confirms a successful plan submission. Applicants may login to the portal at any time to check the project status, marked-up plans, correspondence and project documents.
After each review cycle, applicants may download the comments letter and marked-up plans. Upon plan approved, the “Ready for Issuance” email notification will be sent out.
- Quick Read Users Guide or Detailed User Guide
- Create User Account – Register
- Submit Application & Upload Related Files
NEED TO KNOW
- All uploaded documents must be in PDF format. Uploading documents of any other format will result in your application being returned as incomplete. (please review the section below on arranging files for submission)
- Once you received your corrections and you are ready to resubmit revisions, DO NOT DELETE any existing uploaded files. Label all new uploads as the originals so that a revision is reflected in the revision column instead of an additional document.
- Deleting documents will require re-submission of your plan for review.
- When submitting revised plans, upload the entire set that was requested with changes and not just the individual pages.
- The “Project Invitations -> Invite User” feature is great for general contractors to use in conjunction with architects.
- Documentation cannot exceed 50 megabytes per file.
ARRANGING FILES FOR SUBMISSION – REQUIRED
- Group all civil files in numerical arrangement C1.0, C1.1, C1.2 including landscape and photometric drawings. Upload them as a Single PDF file.
- All other files should be arranged in the following basic order with each Discipline Uploaded as a Single PDF.
- Architectural (group all architectural files including Life Safety & Code Summaries in a Single PDF in numerical arrangement LS1.0, A1.0, A1.1, A1.2)
- Structural (group all structural files as a single PDF in numerical arrangement S1.0, S1.1, S1.2)
- Mechanical (group all mechanical files as a single PDF in numerical arrangement M1.0, M1.1, M1.2)
- Plumbing (group all plumbing files as a single PDF in numerical arrangement P1.0, P1.1, P1.2)
- Electrical (group all electrical files as a single PDF in numerical arrangement E1.0, E1.1, E1.2)
- Fire Protection/Food Service/Other (group all files as a single PDF in numerical arrangement)