The City of Huntsville offers a convenient electronic plans review process for your construction project.
To submit documents, please create an account. Before you begin the online process, be certain to complete all required forms and have all of your plans ready to upload in digital document types PDF, DWG, DGN, DXF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX (Please review “Arranging Files for Submission.”
Once an item has been submitted for review, applicants may login to the portal at any time to check the status. If more information, the city will email the applicant.
- Read Users Guide
- Review Commercial Application Assistance
- Create User Account
- Submit Application & Upload Related Files
- You will receive an email verifying that the City of Huntsville has received your submittal.
NEED TO KNOW
- Internet Explorer versions 8 and 9 only.
- When uploading revised plans, upload the entire set that was requested with changes not just the individual pages.
- The “Invite Others” feature is great for General Contractors to use in conjunction with Architects.
- Documentation cannot exceed 50 megabytes per file.
ARRANGING FILES FOR SUBMISSION
- Group all civil files in numerical arrangement C1.0, C1.1, C1.2 including landscape and photometric drawings.
- All other files should be arranged in the following basic order with each Discipline Uploaded as a Single PDF.
- Architectural (group all architectural files including Life Safety & Code Summaries in a Single PDF
in numerical arrangement LS1.0, A1.0, A1.1, A1.2)
- Structural (group all structural files as a single PDF in numerical arrangement S1.0, S1.1, S1.2)
- Mechanical (group all mechanical files as a single PDF in numerical arrangement
M1.0, M1.1, M1.2)
- Plumbing (group all plumbing files as a single PDF in numerical arrangement P1.0, P1.1 ,P1.2)
- Electrical (group all electrical files as a single PDF in numerical arrangement E1.0, E1.1, E1.2)
- Fire Protection/Food Service/Other (group all files as a single PDF in numerical arrangement)