Animal complaints, ranging from animal neglect and suspected abused to requesting an animal trap, can be filed online by completing an Animal Services Report. The more complete and accurate information you can provide, the better we can serve you and address the situation. We must have an exact address to respond to complaints.

Guidelines for dealing with particular animal concerns are listed below:



Residents who suspect or see owner neglect and abuse are encouraged to notify the the City immediately. Huntsville Animal Services will investigate the situation and ensure the safety of the animals. If the situation is an emergency, call 911.


To report a dead animal on the road, use report the location using the Huntsville Connect Service Request app or contact Animal Services.


To request a trap, please complete the service request form.  For any other wildlife questions, concerns, or complaints, please contact the North Alabama Wildlife Rehabilitators (NAWR) at (256) 883-0667. The NAWR does not have a relocation service, but in extreme circumstances will gladly come out and assess the situation. If the animal is already trapped, the NAWR will come out to relocate it. Please do not attempt to physically contact any wild animal, but leave it up to the professionals at the NAWR.

Found a native bird species? Call the Alabama Wildlife Center  (205) 663 -7930 ext 2. The Alabama Wildlife Center is open from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. 7 days a week


  • Phone:


  • Address:

    Huntsville Animal Shelter

    4950 Triana Blvd SW

    Huntsville, AL 35805

    View Map

  • Email:

  • Hours:

    Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.

    Tuesday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.

    Saturday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.