This program gives the community an opportunity to contribute to a beautiful, healthier and cleaner environment by adopting a mile, spot or stream.
No one individual can do this alone; it takes all of us working together. The heart of Green Team is our volunteers, and this is one of several ways you can get involved to pick up litter and enhance our community.
HOW TO ADOPT A SPOT, MILE OR STREAM
- Download Individual Hold Harmless Agreement and/or the Group Hold Harmless Agreement. Forms must be notarized.
- Complete the online interest form and upload the notarized Hold Harmless agreement.
- Sign and submit the online interest form.
Once the form is completed, representatives from Green Team will reach out with further information including the Please note these documents must be notarized and Green Team has a notary on staff for your convenience.
If you need assistance completing the forms, email Green.Team@HuntsvilleAL.gov or call 256-532-5326
FIND MORE INFORMATION HERE
- A one-year commitment
- A minimum of six cleanups per year, monthly cleanups recommended
- Attend training
- Proper disposal of trash collected
- Provide adult supervision for volunteers under 15 years of age
- For student organizations, an administrator or teacher must sign the notarized agreement and provide contact information to ensure continuity of the program
GREEN TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide all supplies (e.g., safety vests, litter sticks and garbage bags)
- Monitor compliance with program terms
- Work with the City of Huntsville to place an Adopt-A-Spot sign
Do not fill out the agreement(s) below unless directed by a representative of Green Team. The Individual Hold Harmless Agreement will not be accepted without notarization.
Fill out the Individual Hold Harmless Agreement and print it out to be notarized. After the form has been notarized, submit it via the Notarized Individual Hold Harmless link below.
Individual Hold Harmless Agreement
Notarized Individual Hold Harmless Agreement
Do not fill out the agreement(s) below unless directed by a representative of Green Team. The Group Hold Harmless Agreement will not be accepted without notarization.
Fill out the Group Hold Harmless Agreement and print it out to be notarized. After the form has been notarized, submit it via the Notarized Group Hold Harmless link below.
Notarized Group Hold Harmless Agreement