The City of Huntsville is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking to employ the best qualified applicants to fill vacant positions in a variety of occupational areas. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected classes (except where sex, age, or physical ability is an essential bona fide occupational qualification).
HOW TO APPLY FOR AVAILABLE JOBS
If you are interested in a public service career with the City of Huntsville, please check the list of job openings for current career vacancies or check the list of promotional opportunities for current employees. If you possess the minimum requirements as indicated on the individual job announcement, you can apply for the position. The City of Huntsville’s Human Resources Department only accepts applications for posted vacancies.
The City of Huntsville’s Human Resources Department regularly posts announcements for Animal Care and Shelter Attendant, Cemetery Maintenance Worker, Equipment Operator III, Landscape Maintenance Lead Worker, Lifeguard, Landscape Maintenance Worker, Public Services Worker, Part-Time Police Officer, Recreation Leader (Regular Part-Time) and Safety Patrol Aide (Regular Part-Time).
- If you have not yet created an account, click on create your account.
- You must submit an online application for consideration each time a career vacancy is posted, unless otherwise directed by the career vacancy announcement. All completed applications must be submitted online to the Human Resources Office no later than 6 p.m. CST on the closing date.
- You will have an opportunity to attach or include a resume with your online application, but resumes alone are not accepted.
- All final candidates must submit to a criminal background check.
- Some positions may have certain physical requirements that must be met in order to be considered a qualified candidate, including a pre-employment drug screening test, a physical examination, and a hearing and/or vision test.
- Applicants may be required to have specific licenses, permits, or certifications as a condition of employment.
- Once you submit your online application, you will not be able to alter it for that particular career vacancy. However, if you have revisions, you may resubmit an updated online application prior to the closing date.
UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT
If you have an online profile and would like to update it without applying for a position, or if you would like to create an application without applying for a current vacancy, please login and add your new information.
COMPLETE A JOB INTEREST CARD
If you are interested in a position that is not currently advertised, please complete an online job interest card.