Restore Our Roads
Mayor Tommy Battle led the Restore Our Roads initiative which resulted in a $250 million cost-sharing agreement between the City of Huntsville and the Alabama Department of Transportation to complete major road projects in key corridors throughout the City.
- U.S. 72 East at Moores Mill and Shields Road / Epworth Drive – COMPLETE
- South Memorial Parkway Overpasses from Martin Road to Lily Flagg Road – OVERPASSES COMPLETE
- University Drive Six-Lane from Providence Main to County Line Road
- North Memorial Parkway Overpasses and Service Roads at Mastin Lake
- South Memorial Parkway – Weatherly Road to Hobbs Road Improvements
- Martin Luther King Extension (Northern Bypass) from Pulaski Pike to U.S. Highway 231
- Cecil Ashburn Drive Improvements
The roads are among a list of primary corridor projects categorized and endorsed as top regional road priorities for 2013 by the Metropolitan Planning Organization, a transportation coalition of government representatives from cities and towns within Madison County. For more information about roadwork projects, see our Roadwork Updates.