Visiting hours are between 7 a.m. until sunset every day of the year.
- Visitors are prohibited from bringing animals (except service dogs), food or beverages, and firearms.
- Visitors may bring cut or silk flowers or arrangements.
- Visitors shall not remove flower arrangements from any gravesite not belonging to an immediate family member.
- Visitors shall not scratch, mar, deface, injure, or disturb anything within the Cemetery grounds.
- No personal items are allowed and will be removed without notice.
- Dead or unsightly flower arrangements will be removed by our cemetery staff after an appropriate period of time. If a family member wishes to discard old or dead flowers, they can place them at the edge of the roadway for collection by the Cemetery maintenance personnel.
- No trees or shrubs shall be permitted to be planted or removed except by the express permission of the Cemetery Director.
- Bulbs/flowers may be planted at or around the headstone; however, the remained of the area must be clear for mowing. Permission must be given by the Director.
- The Cemetery reserves the right to remove any tree, plant, or shrub at any time without notice.
- The Cemetery reserves the right to disturb or remove the sod on any lot or change the grade of any lot and restore such lot to its former condition without notice.
- Lot owners shall be allowed to take cuttings from their own plants but not from plants anywhere else in the cemetery except with express permission of the Director.
- Cement products of all kinds are prohibited above the ground on any lot.
- No rocks, stone, gravel, wood or like material will be allowed on any lot.
- All benches must have the Director’s approval. No benches allowed in Block 41-46.
- Damage done to lots, walks, drives, trees, shrubs, or other property by dealers or contractors will be repaired by the Cemetery Department and cost of same charged to the contractor.
- Marker and Monument restrictions for Blocks 40-47 are available at the office
- No new family mausoleums are allowed.
- The locations of markers, monuments, or other memorials shall be determined by the Director.
- All persons erecting monuments, markers, or memorials are required to hold a current city business license and insurance for that activity before proceeding with the erection of a monument, marker, or memorial.
- All foundations at city cemeteries shall be constructed by the Cemetery Department upon written order (see fees) from the monument dealer or the lot owner. Charges for foundations are payable in advance.
PROPERTY OWNER GUIDELINES
- The sale or transfer of any cemetery space(s) shall not be valid or recognized until the proper documentation has been presented to the Cemetery Department and the transaction approved by the Director.
- No coping, fencing, hedging borders, or enclosures of any kind are permitted around any lot.
- All opening and closing fees are to be paid before burials and are subject to change without notice.
- When a grave collapses or sinks from any cause, the Cemetery Department will refill it to ground level. No mounding above or around graves is permitted.
- Interments must be made in the presence of an authorized representative of the Cemetery Department.
- Interment of any body or the cremated remains of any body, other than that of a human being shall not be permitted in any cemetery.
- The practice of scattering cremated remains at any place in a City Cemetery is specifically prohibited.
- A 24-hour notice is required for all grave openings.
- Rules and regulations are subject not only to the original lot owner but also all those who succeed, either by assignment, sale, or inheritance.
PROPERTY OWNER CONTACT INFORMATION
Property owners are requested to verify and update their ownership records and contact information with the Cemetery office each year by calling 256-427-5730 or emailing MapleHill@HuntsvilleAL.gov.