HUNTSVILLE CITYWIDE COUNCIL OF NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATIONS (HCCNA)
The objective of the Huntsville Citywide Council of Neighborhood Associations is to promote and foster participation and communication as a neutral liaison among neighborhood associations/organizations, elected representatives of the City, and Huntsville City staff to facilitate the resolution of neighborhood problems. The Council shall function to:
- Create a partnership between the City and its neighborhoods.
- Strengthen and coordinate City departments’ responses to neighborhood problems and requests for help.
- Foster cooperation and consensus among diverse interests within neighborhoods and to encourage the constructive settlement of disputes involving neighborhood groups, the City, and others.
- Facilitate communication between the neighborhoods regarding common concerns.
- Identify other/possible neighborhood associations.
- Mentor new/evolving neighborhood associations.
NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION RULES
A neighborhood association is defined as an organization that is comprised of members of the community with at least one elected officer, joined together for the purpose of problem-solving and the betterment of the neighborhood.
- A neighborhood association should have at least one official representative to the Huntsville Citywide Council of Neighborhood Associations. This representative is elected by a minimum of five residents of that association.
- The neighborhood association shall keep the Huntsville Citywide Council of Neighborhood Associations notified of the name and contact information of their representative.
- The neighborhood association shall have defined boundaries. However, there is no minimum or maximum geographic size.
- The neighborhood association shall meet at least once a year.
- All affected residents within the association boundaries shall be notified of neighborhood meetings.
MEETINGS AND REGULATIONS
The Huntsville City Wide Neighborhood Association Council shall meet on a regular basis on the third Tuesday of each month.
The officers of the Council shall consist of a Chair, Vice Chair, and Secretary. For voting purposes, a quorum shall consist of that number of member Association representatives in attendance at a regularly scheduled meeting. Each member Association in attendance shall be afforded one vote.
Officers shall be appointed for the first year by the Mayor or his designee and shall serve a term of one year. Thereafter, officer positions shall be filled by nomination and election by a popular vote of the Council membership.
Chair: Lyle Voyles
Blossomwood Valley Civic Association
2nd Wednesday at 6:45 p.m. / 123 North Side Square
Chaffee Community Civic Association
4th Monday at 6:30 p.m. / Community Baptist Church, Logan Drive
120 Holmes Ave, Suite 301
East Mastin Lake Homeowners/Renters Association
1st Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. / Solid Rock Church, 403 Treymore Avene
2nd Monday / Madison City Comm. Dist., 6 Hi Lo Drive
English Village Civic Association
The Dwelling Place
Farley Community Neighborhood
1st Tuesday/ South Precinct
Fleming Meadows/Westbury Estates Civic Association
Quarterly / Whitesburg P-8 School Cafeteria
Five Points Historic District Association
Doctrinal Bible Church, 1215 Russell St./ 6 p.m.
Garden Parks Apartments Association
2301 Blue Springs Road
Green Mountain Civic League
Fire House, Nature Trail 7 p.m.
Holiday Homes Neighborhood Association
1st Monday at 6:30 p.m. / All Nations Church, 3614 Drake Avenue
Meadow Hills Initiative
Richard Showers Center – Community Room
Merrimack Mill Village Organization
2nd Tuesday at 7 p.m. / Huntsville Park Baptist Church
Monte Sano Civic Association
3rd Monday @ 6:30 p.m. Board Of Dir.ector Meeting at State Lodge
3rd Tuesday of April & October Regular Meeting at State Lodge
Mount Charron Homeowners Association
Last Monday in September at 6:30 p.m. / Richard Showers Recreation Center
Mount Vernon Heights Civic Association
3rd Thursday, Feb., Apr., Jun., Aug., Oct., Dec. @ 2452 Mt. Vernon Rd. @ 6:30 p.m.
Northeast Huntsville Civic Association
4th Tuesday, Jan. Apr. Jul. & Aug., Oct. / Optimist Park Recreation Center on Oakwood 7 p.m.
3rd Monday at 7 p.m.
Redstone Heights Civic Association
Last Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.
Sherwood Park Civic Association
4th Tuesday / 332 Forest Park Ct. 35806
Terry Heights/Hillandale Neighborhood
Quarterly – Meadow Drive Baptist Church
Triana Village Association
1st Tuesday, Friendship Baptist Church 3217 Village Drive, 6:30 p.m.
Twickenham Historic Preservation District Association
2nd Tuesday, Weeden House
University Park Homeowner’s Association
2nd Monday, University Baptist Church, 6:30 p.m.
West Huntsville/Lowe Mill Civic Association
August and November / Central Baptist Church, 9th Ave. & 1st, 6 p.m.
Westlawn Civic Association
2nd Monday, 2007 14th Street, 6 p.m.
April 17, July 17, & Oct 16 / Hillwood Baptist Church 6:30 p.m.