The Huntsville Parks & Recreation After-School Program is offered at select community and recreation centers throughout the academic year for students in grades 1-6 who attend Huntsville City Schools. The cost is $20 per child, $10 per sibling per week. The fee is subject to change.
HOW TO REGISTER
Parents or guardians should complete the online registration form. Participating centers are listed at the bottom of this page.
Registration is closed.
The After-School Program includes snacks, homework time, arts, athletics/wellness, recreational outdoor activities and quiet time. Professional recreation staff supervise the children. The staff-to-child ratio is about 1:10.
DROP OFF/PICK UP
Each child will be checked in upon arrival and must be checked out by an adult listed on the registration form. If someone who is not listed on the form comes to pick up a child, the parent/guardian will be contacted to ensure the individual has permission to take the child.
Parks & Recreation does not provide transportation from the schools to after-school care; however, some public schools do have buses that drop children off at select centers. Please contact your school to see if this is an option.
- Brahan Spring Recreation Center 3770 Ivy Avenue SW, 256-883-3710 (Registration closed)
- Cavalry Hill Community Center 2900 Fairbanks Street NW, 256-427-5800 (Registration closed)
- Dr. Richard Showers, Sr. Recreation Center 4600 Blue Spring Road NW, 256-851-4001 (Registration closed)
- Dr. Robert Shurney Legacy Center 3011 Sparkman Drive NW, 256-851-4010 (Registration closed)
- Mark Russell Recreation Center 429 Taylor Road SE, 256-650-4747 (Registration closed)