Camps are offered at select Parks & Recreation centers during summer break. They are open to children, grades 1-6, who live within the City of Huntsville or attend Huntsville City Schools.
Registration is closed for 2023 Summer Camps. Hours of operation are 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. Morning and afternoon snacks are provided. Parents or guardians must provide a daily lunch.
Specialty camp dates and times vary based on location. At all camps, children are supervised by professional recreation staff. Spaces are limited and applications will be accepted on first-come, first served basis. Click here for more information on specialty camps.
Camps will not take place on City of Huntsville holidays.
HOW TO REGISTER
Parents or guardians may apply online to register. A separate application must be submitted for each child attending.
DROP OFF/PICK UP
Each child must be checked in upon arrival and may only be checked out by an adult listed on the registration form. If someone who is not listed on the form comes to pick up a child, the parent/guardian will be contacted to ensure the individual has permission to take the child. No early drop offs are permitted. At this time, transportation to and from the camps is not available.
For more information, contact the Parks & Recreation main office 256-564-8026 or call your preferred recreation center.
SUMMER CAMP LOCATIONS
- Cavalry Hill Community Center 2900 Fairbanks Street NW, 256-427-5800
- Fern Bell Recreation Center 107 Sanders Road SW, 256-883-3640
- Richard Showers, Sr. Recreation Center 4600 Blue Spring Road NW, 256-851-4001
- Mark Russell Recreation Center 429 Taylor Road SE, 256-650-4747
SPECIALTY CAMP LOCATIONS
- Art Camp – Optimist Recreation Center 703 Oakwood Ave NE, 256-427-5775
- Fit and Fun Camp – Johnson Legacy Center 6000 Cecil Fain Drive
- STEM Camp – Dr. Robert Shurney Legacy Center 3011 Sparkman Drive NW, 256-851-4010