Hiring Off-Duty Officers
If you are interested in hiring an off-duty police officer, please review the following:
- Advance notice of at least 72 hours is required for the hiring of an officer.
- Advance notice of at least 24 hours is required for any cancellation once an officer is hired to work an off-duty job.
- Cost is $35 per officer, per hour, with a minimum of three hours. Payment should be made upon immediate completion of the job.
- Cash or checks only for payment. Checks must be made payable to the individual officer.
- Off-duty jobs are assigned to officers on a rotational basis.
- Off-duty officers will work in full uniform unless otherwise approved by the Police Chief.
- $100,000 liability insurance, required by law, must be obtained for all officers working in an off-duty status.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Traffic control at construction sites
- Restaurant security
- Apartment complex security
- Security at various businesses
- Traffic control at various churches
- Security at various school functions
For information on hiring an off-duty officer, please email Cindy Green, or call (256) 427-7004, Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.