Ride Along with a Police Officer
Police officers welcome the opportunity to demonstrate their public safety role to interested citizens. To ride along with a police officer, please fill out the Release and Hold Harmless Agreement and print it out to be notarized. If you do not attach a signed and notarized Release and Hold Harmless Agreement, your application will not be considered.
Release and Hold Harmless Agreement Instructions:
1. Put your name in the undersigned blank
2. Put Police Precincts and patrol routes for the ‘trip to’ blank
4. Add the dates you are available to ride.
5. Print out the form. The print button is an icon, located on the upper left.
6. Find a notary and sign the document in their presence.
7. Notary adds the stamp.
8. Scan and upload the signed and notarized Release and Hold Harmless Agreement to your online application.
- Fill out and print the Release and Hold Harmless Agreement to be notarized. The print button is an icon, located on the upper left.
- After the Agreement is notarized, navigate back to back to the Citizen Observer Form website page.
- Choose preferred Precinct and Shift.
- First shift – 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Second shift – 2 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Third shift – 10 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.
- Click the preferred Shift (listed under the Precinct name) to start the Citizen Observer Form.
- After filling in the form (only the first page), click Submit & Sign.
- After clicking Submit & Sign, you’ll be prompted to upload a scanned copy of the notarized Release and Hold Harmless Agreement.
- Create a Signature and apply signature.
- Click Finalize and Submit.
- Submission is completed.
- You will get a submission notification sent to the email you provided.
The North Precinct patrols an area of approximately 46.8 square miles.
The South Precinct Officers patrol an area of approximately 71.3 square miles.
The West Precinct patrols an area of approximately 76.6 square miles.