Alarm Registration & Renewal
The City of Huntsville Ordinance 98-701 requires Alarm Users and Alarm Businesses to register. Professionally installed alarm systems are registered by the alarm company at the time of installation. Unregistered alarm systems are subject to a $50 fine and $50 per unexcused false alarm while the system remains unregistered.
In office renewals may be completed at the Huntsville Police Department at 815 Wheeler Ave, Huntsville 35801 between 7:30 a.m. – 11.30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
RESIDENTIAL & BUSINESS ALARM USERS REGISTRATION
- Check your address to verify if you are located within the Huntsville Police Department’s jurisdiction.
- Create an account on the HPD Alarms Unit page.
- Register existing permits or apply for a new permit and submit an online payment.
A permit sticker will be mailed to the alarm user. Please place the sticker in the upper right corner of your front door.
Alarm users also have the option of purchasing permits through the mail. Mail completed form and documents to HPD Alarm Unit, PO Box 2085, Huntsville AL 35804. Call (256) 427-5621 for more details.
INSTALLATION COMPANY REGISTRATION FOR NEW AND EXISTING BUSINESSES
- Complete, sign and submit the Alarm Company Registration form
- Provide a copy of your Alabama Electronic Security Board of Licensure (AESBL) License and ID Card for each technician performing service within the city limits of Huntsville
- Mail completed form and documents to HPD Alarm Unit, PO Box 2085, Huntsville AL 35804