Alarm Registration & Renewal
The City of Huntsville Ordinance 98-701 requires Alarm Users and Alarm Businesses to register. Professionally installed alarm systems are registered by the alarm company at the time of installation. Unregistered alarm systems are subject to a $50 fine and $50 per unexcused false alarm while the system remains unregistered.
In office renewals may be completed at the Huntsville Police Department at 815 Wheeler Ave, Huntsville 35801 between 7:30 a.m. – 11.30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
RESIDENTIAL & BUSINESS ALARM USERS REGISTRATION
- Check your address to verify if you are located within the Huntsville Police Department’s jurisdiction.
- Complete, sign and submit the Alarm System Registration Form
- Mail completed form with $10 check made payable to “City of Huntsville” to HPD Alarm unit, PO Box 2085, Huntsville AL 35804
A permit sticker will be mailed to the alarm user. Please place the sticker in the upper right corner of your front door.
INSTALLATION COMPANY REGISTRATION FOR NEW AND EXISTING BUSINESSES
- Complete, sign and submit the Alarm Company Registration form
- Provide a copy of your Alabama Electronic Security Board of Licensure (AESBL) License and ID Card for each technician performing service within the city limits of Huntsville
- Mail completed form and documents to HPD Alarm Unit, PO Box 2085, Huntsville AL 35804