File a Claim with the City
To process your Claim Form we must have the following information:
- Claimant Information including Name, Address, Phone, Occupation, Age, Sex, Marital Status, and Name of Spouse
- Date and time of the incident or accident
- Place of incident or accident (exact details)
- Name of City employee Involved (if applicable)
- How did this incident or accident happen? Please give full details
- Sketch of the incident or accident (if appropriate)
- Describe any personal injuries (attach bills)
- Describe property and damage. Attach two or three estimates or bills.
- Witnesses must provide: insurance information, amount of the claim, signature
- Insurance information
- Amount of the claim
- Notarize claim form
The File a Claim Form will not be accepted without notarization.
Fill out the File a Claim Form and print it out to be notarized.
Mail or hand deliver the form using the information below.
P.O. Box 308
Huntsville, AL 35804
Or, deliver the information to:
City Clerk-Treasurer Office
City Hall Third Floor
308 Fountain Circle
Huntsville, AL 35801
NOTICE: Pursuant to Alabama Code Section 11-47-23, you may be required to file a Notice of Claim within six months of accrual. It is the sole responsibility of the claimant to ensure a Notice of Claim is received by the City Clerk-Treasurer within the applicable deadline.