File a Claim with the City
To process your Claim Form we must have the following information:
- Claimant Information including Name, Address, Phone, Occupation, Age, Sex, Marital Status, and Name of Spouse
- Date and time of the incident or accident
- Place of incident or accident (exact details)
- Name of City employee Involved (if applicable)
- How did this incident or accident happen? Please give full details
- Sketch of the incident or accident (if appropriate)
- Describe any personal injuries (attach bills)
- Describe property and damage. Attach two or three estimates or bills.
- Witnesses must provide: insurance information, amount of the claim, signature
- Insurance information
- Amount of the claim
- Notarize claim form
The File a Claim Form will not be accepted without notarization.
Fill out the File a Claim Form and print it out to be notarized. After the form has been notarized, submit it online via the Notarized File a Claim Form link below.
If you cannot submit the form online, mail or hand deliver the form using the information below.
P.O. Box 308
Huntsville, AL 35804
Or, deliver the information to:
City Clerk-Treasurer Office
City Hall Third Floor
308 Fountain Circle
Huntsville, AL 35801
NOTICE: Pursuant to Alabama Code Section 11-47-23, you may be required to file a Notice of Claim within six months of accrual. It is the sole responsibility of the claimant to ensure a Notice of Claim is received by the City Clerk-Treasurer within the applicable deadline.