Contractors Insurance Certificate
All contractors must show proof of holding a Certificate of Insurance naming the City of Huntsville as the certificate holder.
- Policy must show a 10-day notice before cancellation
- Insurance must have 30-day life at time of licensing
- Must show products and completed operations
- General Liability Policy must have property and bodily injury with a minimum of $200,000 for each occurrence
Any person engaged as a contractor shall be covered by a public liability insurance policy to include the coverage known as manufacturers and contractor’s liability and products and completed operations, issued by a solvent insurance company, licensed to do business in the State and City, which said policy shall be subject to the following minimum limitations:
I. For every contractor, the policy shall provide a minimum coverage
for all damages arising out of the bodily injury to any one person of two hundred thousand dollars ($200,000.00) and bodily injury in any one accident with an aggregate amount of two hundred thousand dollars ($200,000.00). This policy shall provide minimum coverage for all damages to the property of others of two hundred thousand dollars ($200,000.00) arising out of any one accident with an aggregate amount of two hundred thousand dollars ($200,000.00). The minimum coverage for one occurrence must be two hundred thousand dollars ($ 200,000.00). These limits apply to both public liability and completed operations.
II. Such policy shall include an endorsement acceptable to the City
providing for ten (10) days prior written notification to the City of Huntsville Inspection Department of a material change or cancellation of such policy. A certificate of insurance signed by the authorized agent of the company shall be filed with the City of Huntsville Inspection Department and shall remain on file.
III. Upon failure or refusal to comply with the provisions of this section,
the license of such person to engage in business in the city shall ipso facto be revoked.
IV. (Ord. No. 98-629, A(7-6), 9-10-1998)
Please ask your insurance agent or insurance company to issue a Certificate of Insurance that includes each of the following items:
- Name and address of authorized agent or producer
- Name and address of named insured and D/B/A name
- Name of insurance company writing the policy
- Policy number
- Policy period
- Limits of liability
- Name and address of certificate holder: City of Huntsville, P. O. Box 308, Huntsville, Alabama 35804, Attention: Inspection Department
- Notice of cancellation: 10 days notice of cancellation
- Authorized signature and date
- If the company is required to have state certification, the person who is licensed must appear on the certificate of insurance as the designated qualified representative for the company.