Personnel Policy Development
It is the policy of the City of Huntsville to promote, support, implement, and maintain a program for coordinated development of municipal services and facilities. High quality services are mandatory for the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of the City of Huntsville. The ability of the City to provide high quality services to its citizens is dependent on the employees of the City performing at a consistently high professional level. Therefore, employees of the City of Huntsville are expected to do their best in their work assignments, to be regular in their attendance on the job, and to respect the rules, regulations, and policies of the City of Huntsville.
PERSONNEL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The purpose of the Personnel Policies and Procedures is to bring into the City of Huntsville’s municipal government the high degree of understanding, cooperation, unity, and efficiency which comes through systematic application of sound personnel administration policies, administered uniformly for all employees. The City of Huntsville’s Personnel Policies and Procedures promote equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals, provide fairness and impartiality in all personnel matters, promote the morale and well being of City of Huntsville employees, and promote the efficiency and economy of the municipal government.
The personnel policies are based on the following principles:
- To establish procedures, which will serve as guidelines for administrative action, concerning the various personnel activities, benefits, and services available to employees of the City of Huntsville;
- To assure fair treatment of applicants and employees in all aspects of personnel administration without regard to political affiliation, race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or religious creed, and with proper regard for their privacy and constitutional rights as citizens;
- To recruit, select, and advance employees on the basis of aptitude, knowledge, skills, abilities, and professional characteristics;
- To provide equitable and adequate compensation and benefits;
- To train employees, as needed, to assure high quality performance;
- To assure the adequacy of performance and conduct of employees; and,
- To promote and increase efficiency and economy in the municipal government.
Read the most up-to-date EEO Policy Statement.