Healthy Huntsville Challenge: Maintain, Don’t Gain over the Holidays
Published on November 14, 2019
Healthy Huntsville is partnering for a second year with Huntsville Hospital for the “Maintain, Don’t Gain” challenge. This is a free program that provides tips, tricks and motivation to maintain a healthy weight during the calorie-rich holiday season, from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Eve.
“Last year 70 percent of participants completed the weigh-in and weigh-out challenge, and 84 percent of those that followed through lost weight,” said Mayor Tommy Battle. “It was amazing to see such positive results over what is typically a tough time of year for keeping fit.”
Participants who weigh-in and weigh-out at the same location will receive a free Maintain, Don’t Gain t-shirt. Those who maintained or lost weight over the holidays are also eligible for free prizes like hotel stays, massages, attraction passes and more!
Don’t miss out on this chance to head into 2020 feeling healthy and ready to take on the new year. Follow along on Facebook to learn more.
Weigh-in: November 18-24
Weigh-out: January 4-10
- Optimist Recreation Center: 703 Oakwood Avenue
- Richard Showers Recreation Center: 4600 Blue Spring Road
- Fern Bell Recreation Center: 107A Sanders Road
- Brahan Spring Recreation Center: 3770 Ivy Avenue
- Huntsville Hospital Wellness Center Medical Mall: 1963 Memorial Parkway, Suite 17
- Huntsville Hospital Wellness Center Jones Valley: 1345 Four Mile Post Road
- Huntsville Hospital Wellness Center Madison: 8391 U.S. Hwy 72W