1. Media Center
  2. News & Updates

Huntsville awards contract for Pratt Avenue streetscape project

Published on January 11, 2024

The City is moving forward with a construction project that will spruce up a gateway to Monte Sano from the Five Points district.

A contract with Grayson Carter & Son Contracting Inc. will make streetscape improvements along Pratt Avenue from Russell Street NE to Maysville Road NE. The total cost of the project is $789,490.52. Pratt Avenue between Grayson to Russell Street will also be resurfaced at the same time.

As a Transportation Alternative Program project, the City will cover 20 percent of the cost, which is $157,898.10. Funds through the Metropolitan Planning Organization will cover the remaining 80 percent of the cost, which is $631,592.42.

A landscape buffer between eastbound and westbound traffic lanes on Pratt Avenue between Russell Street and Grayson Street to be extended east from Grayson Street to Maysville Road. The five blocks from Russell Street to Grayson Street will also be resurfaced.

The project is expected to take about six months to complete.