Huntsville Parks & Recreation announces Dancing for Diversity date, lineup
Published on September 2, 2021
It’s that time of year again! Healthy Huntsville and Huntsville Parks & Recreation invite the community to come out for Dancing for Diversity on Friday, Sept. 17, from 5:30-8:30 p.m., at S.R. Butler Green at Campus No. 805.
The outdoor, socially distanced event is a Healthy Huntsville initiative that promotes health and diversity through the art of dance. During the annual event, different instructors and groups will lead participants of all ages and abilities in a variety of dances.
This year’s lineup will include returning acts such as Zumba Kids, dance fitness, Bollywood and line dance. Attendees can also look forward to new experiences like Bachata, Irish movement and swing dancing.
Physical activity is key to long-term health for everyone. Regular movement prevents chronic disease, controls weight, strengthens muscles, enhances mental health, reduces stress, improves sleep and much more.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, separation markers will be placed 6 feet apart at the site of the event. Face masks are optional and hand sanitizer and water will be available at the Healthy Huntsville tent.
The lineup, which is subject to change, will be:
- Lynelle Lamons with M.E.R.C. Fitness Asylum: Dance Fitness
- Stephanie Mills with Stephanie Mills-Zumba Fitness: Zumba Kids
- Melissa Benson and the H-Town Line Dancers: Soul Line Dance Exercise
- Karissa Spears with Kardio Fitness with Karissa: Kardio Dance Fitness
- Ricky Jenkins Jr. with Baila Huntsville: Bachata
- Michelle Guthrie and The O’Faoláin Academy of Irish Dance Alabama: Irish Dance
- Victoria and Aaron Greer with Huntsville Ballroom: Swing and/or Cardio Ballroom
- Natalia Cuevas: Bollywood Dance