Stats & Facts – Week of January 30, 2017
January 30, 2017
- IBM will build a $62 million cloud data center at Redstone Arsenal.
- Arora Properties is investing $22 million for a mixed-use project featuring 40,000 SF of retail including three new-to-Huntsville restaurants.
- Envision Genomics of Huntsville made the first cutoff Alabama Launchpad.
- The National Federation of Independent Business NFIB Confidence Index jumped to 105.8, the highest since 2004, due to more upbeat views about the outlook for sales and the economy.
- Americans spent an estimated $62.75 billion in 2016 on their animals, according to the American Pet Products Association. That is up from $51 billion only five years ago. We’re doing our part – check out our February specials at the Huntsville Animal Shelter.
Stats & Facts is a weekly series covering City of Huntsville economic development announcements, relevant national and regional statistics that could impact the Rocket City region and informational nuggets that span industries. It is compiled by Business Relations Officer Harrison Diamond.
Read time: 1 minute