Healthy Huntsville wants you to ‘Maintain, Don’t Gain’ this holiday season
Published on November 12, 2020
Maintain, Don’t Gain is a partnership with Healthy Huntsville and Huntsville Hospital Health System to encourage people to maintain their weight over the holidays. Throughout the six-week program, Healthy Huntsville will post tips and tricks on Facebook to help participants stay on track during a time of year when it can be challenging to get exercise and make smart food choices.
In 2019, 959 people weighed in throughout Madison County. Of those who also weighed out, 54% maintained or lost weight. This data also shows participants lost a total of 1,567 pounds over the six weeks! These numbers prove that being mindful over the holidays of what you eat and your activity level can not only allow you to maintain your weight, but you might even lose a few pounds. Win-win, right?
Participants will weigh in at one of our weighing locations the week of November 15-21 and weigh out at the SAME location the week of January 3-9, 2021. If you weigh in and weigh out, you will receive a participation prize.
- Brahan Spring Rec Center: 3770 Ivy Avenue
- Fern Bell Rec Center: 107A Sanders Road
- Optimist Rec Center: 703 Oakwood Avenue
- Showers Rec Center: 4600 Blue Spring Road
- Johnson Legacy Center: 6000 Cecil Fain Dr NW
- Jones Valley Wellness Center: 1345 4 Mile Post Road
- Madison Wellness Center: 8391 US-72
- Medical Mall Wellness Center: 1963 South Memorial Parkway
- November 15-21 l 5 a.m. to 8 p.m., Huntsville Hospital Wellness Centers
- November 15-19 l 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Participating Recreation Centers
- January 3-9 l 5 a.m. to 8 p.m., Huntsville Hospital Wellness Centers
- January 3-7 l 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Participating Recreation Centers
Healthy Huntsville is Mayor Tommy Battle’s initiative to encourage healthy eating and exercise in order to reduce obesity in Huntsville.
For more information on the Maintain, Don’t Gain program, contact Kevin Ready, Healthy Huntsville Coordinator, at 256-929-2622, firstname.lastname@example.org