Huntsville municipal offices closed Jan. 2 for New Year’s holiday
Published on December 28, 2022
The City of Huntsville’s municipal offices will close Monday, Jan. 2, for the New Year’s holiday. Offices will reopen at 8 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 3.
The closure will affect the following City services:
- Garbage Collection: Residential collection will be delayed one day the week of Jan. 2-6. Residents should leave carts at the curb until they are collected.
- Public Transit: Orbit fixed-route and Access paratransit services will end at 3 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 31. There will be no service Monday, Jan. 2.
- Parks & Recreation: Recreation centers and facilities will close Jan. 1-2. Facilities will operate normally Saturday, Dec. 31.
- Animal Services: Huntsville Animal Services is open Dec. 31 and closed Jan. 2.
- Municipal Court: Huntsville Municipal Court will close Jan. 2.