Huntsville Police DUI Task Force to perform traffic safety checkpoints
Published on August 25, 2023
The Huntsville Police Department’s DUI Task Force will conduct traffic safety checkpoints throughout the weekend. If you are stopped at a traffic safety checkpoint, be prepared to present your driver’s license, proof of insurance and vehicle registration to officers.
The checkpoints help deter impaired driving and encourage drivers to obey all traffic laws to keep everyone safe on the roadways.
If you suspect a driver is impaired, please contact HPD’s non-emergency line at 256-722-7100. When you call, please provide the location, vehicle and driver description, and the vehicle’s direction of travel. If there is immediate danger to the public, call 911.
The Task Force uses data from the National Alabama Highway Safety Office (NAHSO), which has identified more than 50 traffic crash hotspots across the city. Officers could conduct checkpoints at one or more of these locations.
Designated NAHSO hotspot locations include:
• Jordan Lane/Sparkman Drive
• Mastin Lake Road/Pulaski Pike
• Meridian St./Delaware Blvd.
• Moores Mill Road/Stanwood Blvd.
• Bankhead Parkway/Douglas Lane
• Cecil Ashburn Drive/Old Big Cove Road
• Church St./Pratt Ave.
• Clinton Ave./Monroe St.
• University Drive/Old Monrovia Road
• University Drive/Research Park Blvd.
• University Drive/Slaughter Road