Finance Presents Mid-Year Budget Review
Published on May 27, 2021
City of Huntsville Finance Director Penny Smith provided a mid-year budget review to Mayor Tommy Battle and the Huntsville City Council at their regularly scheduled May 28 meeting.
“You’ve heard me say a budget is just a plan, and you need to adjust your budget as your needs change,” said Smith.
The Finance Director reviewed revenue collections and stimulus funding to date and shifts in City expenditures. Highlights include:
- $1 million increase for IT/communication equipment
- Funding transfer to match $12 million federal grant to construct a new public transit hub
- $1 million transfer to lodging tax fund
- $6 million increase for fleet assets/sanitation trucks
- Facility HVAC systems and mechanical repairs
- Restored funding to outside agencies who previously cut budgets 5% during pandemic