Huntsville City Council certifies municipal runoff election results
Published on September 26, 2022
The Huntsville City Council canvassed and certified the results of the Sept. 20, 2022, municipal runoff election during a Sept. 26 special work session.
The following candidates were elected for a term to begin Nov. 7:
- David Little – District 2 City Council Member
- Andrea Alvarez – District 3 Board of Education Member
During the session, City Clerk-Treasurer Ken Benion opened and counted nine provisional ballots: two for Little, three for District 2 candidate Bill Yell and four for Alvarez. View the official results HERE.
In August, Council canvassed and certified the results of the Aug. 23 municipal election and declared the following candidates elected for a term to begin Nov. 7:
- Bill Kling – District 4 City Council Member
- Ryan Renaud – District 4 Board of Education Member
- Holly McCarty – District 2 Board of Education Member
Incumbent Jennie Robinson, who was uncontested, won the District 3 Council seat.
Little, Kling and Robinson will be sworn in during an oath of office ceremony at 4 p.m. Monday, Nov. 7, in the 1st Floor Chambers, City Hall, 308 Fountain Circle. The Council will convene at 5 p.m. after the event to elect officers.